Table of Contents
- Notification email purpose and design
- Adjust when notification emails are received
- Following reactions
- Disable notification emails
Notification email purpose and design
Notification emails are sent automatically when someone takes action. By default, control panel users receive notifications for all activities taken by people assigned to them and for people/pages they are following. Similarly, when a logged-in supporter follows reactions on a webpage, they will receive notification emails when activity occurs on that page.
These emails are designed to alert the recipient and encourage the recipient to take action within the nation.
- Notification emails are sent from email@example.com.
- The content of the email cannot be edited.
- To take action based on the notification, send a new email or log into your nation.
- Do not reply to a notification email - doing so will not connect you to anyone.
Here is an example notification email:
Adjust when notification emails are received
A control panel user can adjust when they receive notification emails from Settings > Your account > Email notifications.
Notifications can be sent when activities occur within specific groups of people:
- Everyone: whenever someone does something.
- Assign to you: when someone assigned to you takes action.
- Following: when people you are following take action, or when something happens on a page you are following.
Activities that can trigger a notification email:
- New comments
- New donations
- New pledges
- New invoice payments
- Point person changes
- New contacts
- New notes
- New pages published
- New flags on comments or pages
- New event RSVPs
- New feedback
- New volunteer signups
- New petition signatures
- New endorsements
- New suggestions
- New surveys
- New vote pledges
After adjusting the checkboxes next to each of these activities, you must click the Save notifications settings button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
📌 Please note that new signup activity on a signup page will not generate notification activity.
In addition to control panel users, logged-in supporters can follow pages. When a supporter creates a user-submitted event or blog post, they will be added as a follower of the page. Similarly, when someone comments on a page, they are automatically added as a follower of the page. Following reactions on a page means that the person will receive emails when new comments are posted or when the page is deleted. These page notification emails always include a link to unfollow the page.
Disable notification emails
If you'd like to disable all notification emails, navigate to Settings > Nation defaults > Basics, and check the box "Disable email notifications from NationBuilder to control panel users." Then click Save settings.