You can remove people from your nation by adding the people to a list and then removing all of the people on the list from your database.
When you delete people from your nation, you will lose:
- all information about the people
- all records of communication with the people
- all voter data for the people
- Before you delete people, we recommend taking a snapshot of your nation.
2. Use Filters to find the people you'd like to delete, and add them to a list.
3. From the People section, click on the word Lists.
4. Click on the list name.
5. Click Settings and click Delete people from nation. You will be taken to a warning screen:
6. Type in the required text and click the red button.
You'll then see a notification at the bottom of your page stating "Deleting X people. It may take a few minutes to process."
Deleting will finish before the above confirmation message changes. Please be absolutely sure you want to delete the people from your nation before you begin.
⚠️ Please note: People meeting any of the following conditions will NOT be deleted:
- have a permission level (i.e. control panel access)
- made a donation
- were sent an invoice
- are connected to an expenditure received an expenditure created an expenditure listed as the person / organization the expenditure was about (in support of or in opposition to)
- are executing the removal process
Once you manually delete all donations, invoices, and expenditures connected to a person and remove the person's permission level, they can then be deleted individually or via a list. If you need help deleting a lot of financial information, e.g. a donation import, please email email@example.com.