Watch a video
Where to start
Please note that phone numbers are only available to paying customers in the U.S. or Canada on the Team plan or above. Phone numbers are not available in free trial.
Your nation’s phone number is a great place to track and consolidate incoming calls to your organization. Virtual phone numbers can be particularly useful to keep your personal number private. You can choose to use your virtual phone number as your organization’s primary number, but note that the number cannot be used to make outgoing calls.
Use your virtual phone number to forward calls to another phone number, receive incoming calls, and record voicemails from callers.
Phone settings live under the Communication tab.
Create a phone number
You can set up a phone number after you have successfully completed installing your nation. Phone numbers are only available to nations out of trial.
Create a new number at Communication > [Broadcaster] > Settings > Phone.
- Enter your area code for your phone number. Choose the area code closest to your physical location, or choose the area code where the majority of your current supporters live. We will check for availability and automatically assign you a number.
2. Click Add phone.
Your new number will be listed next to the words text and phone.
Configure your settings
Configure your settings at Settings > Phone.
- If you select to forward incoming calls, enter a number where you want to receive these calls. If you do not input a number, your incoming calls will go straight to voicemail.
2. Select how long you want the call to forward before being sent to voicemail. If you set the wait time higher than your forwarding phone's settings, or your phone is turned off when a call comes in, the voicemail will go to your phone and not voicemail. This is only applicable if you are forwarding your calls to an external number.
3. You may also assign a point person to the caller, if a point person does not already exist for that person’s profile. You can also add a tag or a path to all incoming callers of this broadcaster. These tools will allow you to track and engage your callers in the future.
4. Click Save phone settings.
Access your voicemails
Your callers will receive an automated greeting before a voicemail is recorded. Set a custom voicemail greeting at Settings > Phone.
Click the blue hyperlink “Call me at [number] to record a new greeting.”
This is the contact number listed under Settings > Your account > Contact info. If your account doesn’t have a phone number, you’ll be given a link to update your account with a phone number.
You will be called at that number and prompted to record a greeting. Press [star*] when you’ve completed your recording. The call will end automatically.
Click Save phone settings.
To listen to your voicemail greeting press the play button on the available player:
View your received calls and voicemails at [broadcaster] > Voice. Listen to any voicemail by pressing play on the available player.
Delete a voicemail by clicking on the arrow.
Voicemails are also accessible on your broadcaster’s Dashboard and on the caller’s profile. If the phone number is associated with a person in your nation, that profile will be updated. If the phone number is not recognized, a new profile will be created in your database.
Delete a phone number
Only people with an Admin permission set can add or delete phone numbers in your nation.
Delete a phone number at Settings > Phone numbers. You’ll see a list of numbers currently associated with your nation.
Click on the arrow to delete a number.
You will be taken to a warning screen. You will be prompted to enter your phone number.
Click on I understand the consequences, delete this phone number to confirm. A deletion notification will pop up at the bottom of your screen.
⚠️ Deleting a phone number is an irreversible action. You will permanently lose access to this number. It will also delete all associated text messages, text blasts, and calls.
👉🏼 Next steps
Learn how to send and receive text messages!