Table of Contents
Where to start
Social capital allows you to create an economy around the effort required to accomplish your goals. A supporter can earn or spend capital by completing actions. A control panel user can manually award or deduct capital from a profile.
Currency can be renamed at Settings > Nation Defaults > Social capital. Therefore, the name and abbreviation in your control panel may be different.
Manually adjust capital on a profile
In single-person view, manually adjust capital on a person's profile at Social capital > Award social capital.
- To award capital enter a number greater than 0.00 in the “Amount” text box. To remove capital, include a negative sign before the number.
- Include the reason capital is being awarded or spent in the “What is this for?” textbox.
- Click the Award social capital button.
- The balance will reflect the updated amount.
Active community members can be encouraged to participate with tangible rewards, like discounted admission to an event or a free t-shirt. Manually deducting capital for these rewards is a great way to enhance your nation's economy.
Balance vs. earned vs. spent
Stat boxes appear at the top of a profile’s social capital section:
The stat boxes indicate the current balance is 45 social capital, while 65 social capital have been earned and 19 social capital have been spent. Since capital can be earned and spent, a profile's balance does not always indicate the full history of a person's engagement.
For example, if supporters spend capital to receive tangible rewards (e.g. t-shirts, music downloads, discounted admission to an event), the most active community members will have earned a large amount of capital and have a low balance. You can find these people using a filter:
The People database can be filtered using the following five social capital criteria:
- Social capital: search by current virtual currency balance
- Social capital earned: search by total amount of currency earned
- Social capital spent: searches by total amount of currency spent/deducted
- Social capital earned over time: search for people based on the amount of currency they have earned within a given relative date range
- Social capital spent over time: search for people based on the amount of currency they have spent within a given relative date range
The detailed history of every action a person took to spend or earn capital can be seen in the profile’s balance sheet.
In single-person view, a full history of the individual’s capital exchanges is viewable at Social capital > Balance sheet.
Every action that resulted in a change of capital is shown. The description will be created automatically for actions listed at Settings > Defaults > Social capital. For capital adjusted manually, the description will display the copy entered in the “What is this for?” text box.
Capital, earned or spent, can be permanently removed by clicking the arrow.