Our database structure requires the original slug to be used for console-level work and emergency-level services. Therefore, any slug change is a surface-level change and comes with limitations to your nation’s capabilities.
Effects of this limitation include:
- Email name: If you are using NationBuilder as your email host and you are not using a custom domain, your emails will end with “@slug.emailnb.com.” The slug within these emails is not updated with a slug change.
- API connection: API calls must be made with the original slug. Any custom API work could be impacted.
- Third party apps: Apps connected to your nation could be affected. Third party apps often make use of the API connection, which would be disrupted by a slug-change.
- Invoices: Your invoices from NationBuilder will still display the original slug of your nation.
- Network: If your nation is currently a Network HQ or a Networked nation, your nation's slug should not be changed.
- Dropbox Integration: You will not be able to connect to Dropbox to edit your theme with a changed slug.
- SSL Certificate: The SSL certificate on your domains may become invalid.