Table of Contents
- Change the name of your currency
- Automatically award capital for actions
- List of actions
- Using social capital as a measure of a supporter engagement
Where to start
Virtual currency (aka social capital) can be used to measure the effort a supporter devotes to achieving your goals, as well as the effort needed to build the relationship with that supporter.
It can be used to:
- Award capital for actions you want to encourage
- Deduct capital for actions you wish to deter
- Manage the resources spent on building relationships
- Identify and empower leaders
- Measure supporter engagement
Using capital is most effective when you clearly define your goals, identify how people help you achieve those goals, and assign capital to those actions. Thus, a supporter’s capital balance reflects their contribution to achieving the nation’s goals.
Publicize social capital information using political capital and leaderboard pages on your website. Using these pages, it can help validate and motivate supporters.
Change the name of your currency
Rename your currency at Settings > Nation Defaults > Social capital. If you cannot see the Settings section of your control panel, please contact a nation admin for help.
1. Type the new name in the “Rename your currency” textbox. This is the singular form of the currency. For example, “Kevin earned one cool point”.
2. The next text box asks for a plural version of the name. For example, “Kevin earned three cool points.” The field is required even if the name is the same for singular and plural.
3. Select an abbreviation for your currency. This abbreviation appears throughout your nation including in profiles and leaderboards.
4. Click the Save settings button to save changes.
If you rename your currency, the new name will be reflected throughout your control panel. The title and headline for existing political capital pages will need to be updated to reflect the new name.
Automatically award capital for actions
While control panel users can manually add or remove capital from a profile, capital can also be awarded automatically for actions taken. These automatic adjustments are managed at Settings > Defaults > Social capital.
1. Find the action you wish to adjust in the list of actions at the bottom of the page. Hover over and click Edit next to the action.
2. Enter set amounts for the signup, author, or recruiter in the three boxes indicated. To award capital, enter an number higher than 0.00. To remove capital from a profile, include a negative sign before the number.
3. If you wish to apply these adjustments to past activities keep the checkbox selected.
4. Click Save.